Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....


School is back in session!!! Wooo hooo!!! Am I a bad mother because I'm excited? Maybe so. I'm excited to get the house back. No more video game controllers all over the floor, no more cups of juice on the coffee tables, no more "What are we going to do today....." I'm so over it.

However, I feel DEVISTATED that my oldest is going to be a senior in HS and my youngest is going to be in 6th grade. Since my oldest has been driving since March, he kinda does his own thing now. For instance, we've had dinner and he was a no-show. This isn't something I'm accustom to. We've always been an "eat together" family. Always. I see the time coming soon that my youngest does the same thing, and I don't want that. The thought of it makes me nearly break down and cry. My little baby boys are growing up and I can't control it.

However, I'm thanking Jesus for the start of school tomorrow. Go figure.

2 comments:

Elle said...

I'm not looking forward to those times yet. I want them too be little for more time.

Anonymous said...

Check out this funny post about the kids going back to school: http://www.jackiepapandrew.com/mostwonderful.html